Tyre dealers are moderate energy users amongst the automotive industry, with lighting and air compressor being the major contributors. An audit of tyre dealers in metropolitan and regional areas of Victoria and Tasmania identified that an average tyre dealer uses 73,644 kWh of electricity a year. That is an average cost of $17,384 per year.
There are many energy saving opportunities that can be made, which could potentially save businesses hundreds of dollars in electricity costs.
Quick tips to manage your major energy contributors:
- Install timers or sensors on your lighting
- Regularly clean skylights
- Display signs to remind workers to switch off the lights
- Ensure regular maintenance and check for leaks
- Purchase an air compressor that is right size for your business needs
- Turn off the air compressor when not required or install a timed switch
To access the tyre dealer fact sheet for more information and recommendations click here.