Motorcycle Repairer and Dealer>
Motorcycle repair and dealerships are considered moderate energy users with lighting and the air compressor being the major contributors. An audit of motorcycle repair and dealership businesses identified that an average motorcycle repairer and dealership uses 53,645 kWh of electricity per year. That is an average cost of $13,895 per year, almost hald of the industry average.
There are still many energy saving opportuniies that can be made, which could potentially save businesses hundreds of dollars.
Quick tips to manage your major energy contributors:
- Install timers or sensors on your lighting
- Regularly clean skylights
- Display signs to remind workers to switch off the lights
- Ensure regular maintenance and check for leaks
- Purchase an air compressor that is the right size for your business needs
- Turn off the air compressor when not required or install a timed switch
To access the motorcycle repairer and dealer fact sheet for more information and recommendations click here.