Farm and Industrial Machinery Dealer
Farm and industrial machinery dealers are moderate energy users with heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), lighting and the air compressor being the biggest energy users. An audit of farm and industrial machinery dealers identified that an average of farm and industrial machinery dealer uses 66,348 kWh of electricity a year. That is an average cost of $13,943, almost hald of the industry average per year.
There are still many energy saving opportunities that can be made, which could potentially save businesses hundreds of dollars in electricity costs.
Quick tips to manage your major energy contributors:
- Install timers or sensors on your lighting
- Regularly clean skylights
- Display signs to remind workers to switch off the lights
HEATING VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC)
- Rest your thermostats
- Program HVAC controllers to match business operating hours
- Draught proof your doors and windows
- Ensure regular maintenance and check for leaks
- Purchase an air compressor that is the right size for your business needs
- Turn off the air compressor when not required or install a timed switch
To access the farm and industrial machinery dealer fact sheet for more information and recommendations click here.