Automotive Dismantlers and Parts Recycler
Automotive dismantlers and parts recyclers use considerably less energy amongst the automotive industry with lighting, air compressor and kitchen appliances being the major contributors. An audit of automotive dismantler and parts recycler businesses in metropolitan Victoria, identified that an average automotive dismantler and parts recycler business uses 52,000 kWh of electricity per year. That is an average of $14,000, almost half of the industry’s average.
The considerable differences doesn’t mean that more can’t be done. There are always energy saving opportunities that can be made, which could potentially further save your business hundreds of dollars in electricity bills.
Quick tips to manage your major energy contributors:
- Install timers or sensors on your lighting
- Regularly clean skylights
- Display signs to remind workers to switch off the lights
- Ensure regular maintenance and check for leaks
- Purchase an air compressor that is the right size for your business needs
- Turn the air compressor off when not required or install a timed switch
- Install a time clock on kitchen appliances
- Buy energy efficient appliances – Visit the Equipment Energy Efficiency website to help you choose the right appliance for your business.
- Check temperature settings on fridges and freezers are set correctly
To access the automotive dismantler and parts recycler fact sheet for more inforamtion and recommendations click here.